Rio Subeterraneo de San Jose Cova
A subterranean river near La Vall d’Uixó. A major tourist attraction with guided tours on boats, no less!
No Photos: it is forbidden to take pictures inside the caves and to bring pets.
- The tour lasts approx. 40 minutes, performing a tour by boat (blue) of almost 2 km and 255 m. walk through a gallery dry (brown area). There is a stretch of 1,932 meters. (Red) inaccessible to the public. Despite multiple visits cavers do not know the source of the River or the end of the cave.
- The temperature was kept constant at 20 ° C inside the cave throughout the year PIER1 – Today the tour inside the cave is done comfortably thanks to the 16 boats that carry visitors into the navigable sections.At the entrance and badly damaged by time, you can see cave paintings of the Magdalenian period, which together with archaeological sites, these remains date back over 15,000 years. HALL OF BATS – LAKE DIANA2 – The first of the great halls of bats called, owes its name to the large amount of flying mammals that once were housed here.
- In this room you can admire the dome with its many forms sculpted by swirling water over millions of years.3 – A walk through of the lovers, whose output is very beautiful, you reach the lake of Diana, 5 feet deep, where you can see greenery of moss that grows in this dark environment thanks to artificial lighting. GALLERY OF TRAPS – DRY AREA4 –
- The gallery of the siphons of 60 meters in length, is the longest man-made tunnel tour, live in it a unique and tiny crustaceans that live only in this type of natural areas.5 – From the second pier began a visit to the gallery where we will dry some of the most beautiful formations of the whole, as the Cascade de la Flor.
- Getting carried away by the imagination can discover through light and shadow is a world of fantastic shapes. CATHEDRAL – THE MEDUSA6 – We are in the Cathedral, so named by the great height of its dome measuring 12 meters. Beautiful stalactites hang down in a symphony of shapes and colors, including the Medusa is worth notingOPENING HOURS* Open all year except: Days on December 25, 1 and 6 January.
It is forbidden to take pictures inside the caves and to bring pets. (All information is subject to change)Location Provided by Caves website: www.riosubterraneo.com
SITUACIÓN (Location, as we understand, is further below)
Driving directions from Sitges to Passeig de les Grutes
276 km, 2 hours 41 mins : AP-7
|Session 1||Last exit||Session 2||Last exit|
|January / February||11:00 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||5:45 p.m.|
|March / April / May||11:00 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||5:45 p.m.|
|June / July||11:00 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|August||11:00 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||7:15 p.m.|
|September||11:00 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||6:30 p.m.|
|October / November / December||11:00 a.m.||1:15 p.m.||3:30 p.m.||5:45 p.m.|
|1. Head northwest on Passeig de la Ribera toward Carrer Nou||400 m|
|2. Turn right onto Carrer d’Espanya||250 m|
|3. Slight left onto Carrer d’Europa||140 m|
|4. Turn right onto Passeig de Vilanova/C-246a/C-31 : Continue to follow C-246a/C-31||140 m|
|5. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Passeig de Vilafranca/C-31
Continue to follow Passeig de Vilafranca : Go through 1 roundabout
|6. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Rambla de Sitges||450 m|
|7. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for C-32/Vilanova i la Geltrú/Tarragona and merge onto Autopista de Pau Casals/C-32
Partial toll road
|8. Keep left at the fork, follow signs for E-15/AP-7/Tarragona/Valencia and merge onto E-15/AP-7
Partial toll road
|9. Take exit 49 toward N-340/N-225/Vall d’Uixó/Moncofa
|10. Continue straight
|11. At the roundabout, take the 3rd exit onto CS-22 heading to N-340/Castelló/Valencia/N-225/La Vall d’Uixó : Go through 1 roundabout||4.7 km|
|12. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto Passeig de la Mar Mediterránia/CV-2260 heading to La Vall d’Uixó : Continue to follow CV-2260
: Go through 2 roundabouts
|13. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Carretera Segorbe-Burriana||65 m|
|14. Continue onto Calle de Andalucía||800 m|
|15. Continue onto Carretera de Segorbe : Go through 1 roundabout||1.1 km|
|16. Continue onto Carretera de la Alfondeguilla||600 m|
|17. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit onto Passeig de les Grutes||500 m|
|18. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit and stay on Passeig de les Grutes||200 m|
|19. Turn right to stay on Passeig de les Grutes||33 m|
Entrance to caves and visitors center
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather, or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.Location as we understand it:
SCHEDULE – MORNING AFTERNOON (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
January, February, Marchrs, April 10:15 TO 13:15hrs / 15:30hrs TO 17:45hrs
June July 11:00hrs TO 13:15hrs / 15:30hrs TO 18:30hrs
August 11:00hrs TO 13:15hrs / 15:30hrs TO 19:15hrs
September 11:00hrs TO 13:15hrs / 15:30hrs TO 18:30
October, November and December 10:15hrs TO 13:15hrs / 15:30hrs TO 17:45hrs
It is closed on December 25, 1 and 6 January.
Prices (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
ADULT € 10.00
RETIREES AND PENSIONERS 7.00 €
CHILD 4-13 years € 5.00
GROUP 20 People 7.00 €
Visited 2543 times, 5 Visits today