12th Century Fort Castell : La Selva del Camp / Baix Camp
AP-7 : 1 hour 14 mins from Sitges, near Barcelona (91.9 km)
A large fort built in the twelfth century. For many centuries it was used as residence of the Archbishops of Tarragona & storage of nuts .
Castillo De Paborde
Carrer dels Molins (directions from Sitges, near Barcelona)
43470, la Selva del Camp, Tarragona (region), Spain
Located in the town of La Selva del Camp
(Baix Camp, translated as Lower Field) – Tarragona
Parking in the surrounding streets.
Castell de La Selva (translated as Castle in the Forest.)
Access – 26/02/2009 Visit:
Located at the end of carrer de Molins (translated as Mills Street), near the church of St. Andrew (l’església de Sant Andreu). Along the main street.
N 41 12 57.84 01 08 08.67 E – Elevation: 246 meters.
- Posters explain the details of history and place names.
- Old escorralons, narrow passages between houses where rainwater drained.
- Town Hall, in the square, was the former Gothic family Montserrat a la façana’s palace.
- All streets have plaques dedicated to verses from the poet ‘Ramon Blasi Rabassa’
- Other landmarks include, towers oo the wall, bridges, aqueduct.
Visited 2767 times, 2 Visits today